We first came to Shiloh in 2005, before the new exhibit was built with the audio visual explanation of Shiloh for pilgrims. This tremendously significant site is where the Ark of the Covenant rested for 369 years. It is also where the Lord called Samuel through the prayers of his mother Hannah (my mother’s name, too).
When you see this holy place and the modern, reborn community, you will have no doubt about the Creator’s design in restoring the Israeli people and the Land, and calling “whosoever” to be grafted into this miracle! Am Yisrael Chai — the people of Israel live!
These two photos are enlightening for several reasons.
- Our friend David Rubin practices Orthodox Judaism and is a former mayor of Shiloh, Israel. He knows that I am a Messianic follower of Yeshua. But he also knows that his faithful, Bible-following family and friends can have genuine fellowship with people like us who believe the Book and rejoice in his courageous return to the ancient homeland of Israel, a the prophet Amos says, “never to be uprooted again” (Amos 9:15).
- You see the three of us (Jew and gentile) on Mount Ephraim overlooking ancient Shiloh, just as the Tanakh prophesied in 32 passages. “West Bank?” Not so! This isn’t the edge of a Moslem region but the heartland of God’s promised land. And the Jewish people are back, as He said we would be. Let this image burn in your mind when media hype threatens to turn you cold regarding the importance of Israel.
- David and his 3 year old son, Reuben, survived Islamic terror: they were shot on that road in the background! Afterward, David established the Shiloh Israel Children’s Fund (SICF) to provide therapeutic treatment for Jewish children in Israel who suffer from PTSD. Katharine and I have supported the work since we met David in 2003. As a therapist myself, I understand the challenges to recovery faced by these precious children.
- As you can see in the second photo, so-called “settlements” are actually gorgeous communities in which vibrant families are willing to take the Bible seriously and build a life of love and joy in spite of the surrounding nations’ hatred and jealousy. They deserve our support and prayers!
- A candid and humorous moment: David has often said that Jews and Christians are both looking for Messiah. When He comes, David says either he will lift his hands like one of the enthusiastic Believers he has met, or the gentile seekers of Messiah will get a crash course in “davening” (Jewish custom of rocking during prayer). David Rubin is a pioneer of the Land and a pioneer in recognizing the shared destiny of true lovers of the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. You can get David’s books at all the usual outlets, and on his website.
Katharine and Myles with David Rubin
On Mount Ephraim overlooking ancient Shiloh
Could there be a more perfect pic of the spirit of Esther? More than anyone I have encountered on my journey, my wife embodies the love for Israel, the hope for the Christian world, and the reach to the lost. Here she is in front of the Knesset menorah whose carvings tell the history of the Jewish people and our God.
As we look toward Passover and the revelation of Yeshua’s finished work as the Lamb of God, please pray for Israel and for all those who serve the future of the Kingdom of God.
We love you and thank God for our partnership!
Our new friend, Jane Kiel from Denmark, has been living in, and interceding for, Israel. Living by faith, she has spent hours praying on the Temple Mount, an act that provides a shining example of the rights of the “People of the Book” (Jews and Christians) to worship the one true God on that controversial real estate.
We interviewed Jane about her bold action in the face of Islamic threats: She sang the Shema on the Mount. The central prayer in the Jewish prayer book, the Shema, begins with Deuteronomy 6:4—”Hear, O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One.”
The Waqf (Islamic guards on the Mount) confronted her, and she respectfully ceased for a while. … But she is back lifting up the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob whenever and wherever she is led.
As a bonus, Jane has become an encouragement for my dear wife, the Bride of Weiss! PTL!
In making our new series, we scored a stirring interview with Jonathan Feldstein of “Heart to Heart.” An Orthodox Jewish family man, Jonathan helps Christians donate blood to the ambulance and EMT service, Magen David Adom (lit., Red Shield of David), Israel’s version of our Red Cross.
What a picture! The People of the Book cooperating to bless Israel save the lives of those in need. Jonathan reminded us that the blood goes to victims of terror, accidents … AND TERRORISTS when the triage calls for it. Jewish morality compels the ambulance personnel to save the lives of “whomsoever,” which has led to some ironic events: As rockets rained on Israel, the family members of terror leaders were getting medical treatment from Israeli doctors!
We need to TELL THE TRUE STORY of events here. Jonathan has an awesome photo of Israelis lining up to donate blood for the U.S. on September 12, 2001. He counts it as a fulfillment of Genesis 12:3—that through the seed of Abraham all the families of the earth will be blessed. It is a partial fulfillment, along with many other benefits that have come from the Jews: the Torah, the Prophets, the Writings, the Patriarchs, the Law, countless medical and scientific breakthroughs … and Messiah!
ZLM has supported ambulances through our benevolence funds … another way that we work together!
With a wry irony befitting the Master of all creation, the UN’s Truce Supervision Organization (UNTSO) sits on the hill where tradition says Herod plotted to execute Yeshua. Today, the UN appears to plot repeatedly to “execute” Israel. For example, of the last 28 UN resolutions, 25 were against Israel for “human rights violations.” The UN was heedless to the horrors of Iran, North Korea, and other actual human-rights violators.
The UN is appropriately known colloquially as the “United Nothing.” We Believers know that the only hope of genuine world unity is under the gracious monarchy of Messiah.
Baruch haba Adonai Yeshua (Blessed Lord Jesus, come)!
God is so very good!
We have been working on an election report for Zola Levitt Presents, including “man on the street” interviews that cover varied opinions about Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the future of Israel.
Today is Shabbat, and we were scheduled to complete the interviews. However, many of the “right/center” supporters of Bibi were in synagogue or unwilling to speak to us with our electronic equipment due to their religious observance. So we recorded many insightful “left wing” opinions and engaged in meaningful dialogue with intergenerational folks.
As we were wrapping up and our microphone was losing power, God sent our friend Tom Hess (of the Jerusalem House of Prayer for All Nations) to be our final interview! Tom did a wonderful job of interpreting and connecting the spiritual meaning of recent political events and ended our interviews on a very positive note: God will continue to have His way here in Israel and over the whole Earth. We need to be reaching for His best in America … including resistance to worldwide jihad!
Note: This episode is currently scheduled to air April 26, 2015.
On a rain-soaked and gloomy day, we ventured to Jericho to film “The Sword of Allah,” one of eight segments in our series on the End Times.
Yasser Arafat demanded Jericho as his first concession from Israel, and then set up his headquarters here. Why? Because he knew that Joshua had been given Jericho by the hand of God, and Arafat wanted to wheedle it into Islamic hands.
After Katharine and I taught in front of the mosque built with U.S. and international funds, we “happened” upon this sign, which in no uncertain terms identifies the now-Moslem stronghold with the moon god of the desert, Allah! YHVH (the God of Israel) and the Islamic allah are NOT the same! “Allah” may be a common, generic word in Arabic for “god” but the character, purposes, love, and redemption of YHVH share NOTHING with the barbaric, slaughtering, sharia-loving moon god of Mohammed. PRAY for us and for all Believers, please.
We are teaching from the Mukhraka (lit., burned place), the traditional site where God sent fire to accomplish Elijah’s defeat of the prophets of Baal. This is the legacy of faith: to turn the people of God back to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (whom God renamed Israel) through Mashiach Ben David, Yeshua.
Our new television series includes 8 programs that cover issues in the End Times. This particular episode confronts the difference between true and false worship. Behind us in the picture, you can see a statue of Elijah.
We are standing above the Jezreel Valley, the valley known as Armageddon, poorly translated from “Har Megiddo” the “mountain of slaughter.” It was Armageddon that Napoleon proclaimed the “greatest” site for a battle on Earth. That battle is coming. So is the hope of His coming!